Thursday, May 21, 2009

X-Men Legacy 226 Cover Step by Step 6 Color - Flats


I have already done a color sketch for this cover in my prelim stages - as seen above - so I already know what color palette I'm using before I even start coloring the art.

So, here's the first part of the color - the flats. I have an assistant do this part of the coloring as it is very simple but time consuming to do - then I go back over the flats to correct errors and move the colors closer to my final version.

The flats are saved as part of my channels and I am able to go back and correct any area of the art without having to completely recolor the whole piece. It is an invaluable stage of the coloring .

The use of flats is common in computer coloring so I'm not going to go into any more details about it because there are much better places to learn about it than from me!

td


No comments:

Post a Comment