Thursday, February 24, 2011

X-Men #7 Cover Step By Step 4 COLOR 2


Coloring part 2

Step 11- Add the lightning reflecting off the top/back of Spidey. Then added texture to the smoke with my "smoke" brush - just a big texture brush.

On my Line Art layer, I turn Cyclops "power" to red line.

Step 12- FX - On a layer on top of my color and line art layers, I airbrush tool the lightning and the reflective lightning off the top of heads, etc plus some of the smoke.

Also use my smoke brush on the buildings for a little more texture.

On the Line Art layer, I turn Storm's hand and lightning to colored line and where the lightning hits Emma's head and Spidey's legs to colored line as well.

Step 13 - Made lights in the background "glow" and corrected flying rubbish near Wolverine.

Had Spidey's red suit reflect into the shadowed parts of his blue suit.

This is version I sent off to Marvel for solicitations - not the final printed version, that will be next.

Next, the final version and the variant!

TD


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these Terry. Always fascinating to see the development of an image as well as being a great learning tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - it's fun to see how these turn out!

    ReplyDelete