Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Songes Tome 2 Page 2 Step by Step


 So to ease any problems in the translation, I do storyboards for the writer, Denis-Pierre Filippi to approve before I draw the pages. This is the storyboard for Songes Tome 2 Page 2 (and pages 1 and 3 also). The storyboards are done on 8.5 x 11" paper with Blue and HB Pencil, Pitt Pens and Copic Markers.


Here's the lineart - drawn on 13 x 19" 2 ply Bristol Board with Blue and HB Lead and borders ruled with .80 tech pen. So I shoot from these the pencils so they are very tight (for me)!


The lineart is darkened and cleaned in Photoshop and turned into a Bitmap.


The colors were done by Rebecca Rendon and me in Photoshop. The art was colored in Channels - a method I learned from Alex Sinclair. The balloons were removed digitally. This page was pretty easy to color as we just grabbed our colors from Book 1!



More to come!



TD

No comments:

Post a Comment