Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Songes Tome 2 Page 30 Step by Step

To ease any problems in the translation, I do storyboards for the writer, Denis-Pierre Filippi to approve before I draw the pages. This is the storyboard for Songes Tome 2 Page 29-31. The storyboards are done on 8.5 x 11" paper with Blue and HB Pencil, Pitt Pens and Copic Markers.
Here's the lineart - drawn on 13 x 19" 2 ply Bristol Board with Blue and HB Lead and borders ruled with .80 tech pen. So I shoot from these the pencils so they are very tight (for me)!

Hadn't figured out the jewelry yet - ended up doing it digitally!
The lineart is darkened and cleaned in Photoshop and turned into a Bitmap.

The colors were done by Rebecca Rendon and me in Photoshop. The art was colored in Channels - a method I learned from Alex Sinclair. 

Never was happy with the purple of the throne but too late now!

TD


No comments:

Post a Comment