Friday, July 26, 2013

Kitty Pryde Sketch San Diego Comic Con 2013 STEP BY STEP

Here's a little look behind how I made my Kitty Pryde and Lockheed sketch at Comic Con Int'l, 2013.


Working on 11 x16 Canson Mi-teintes Paper, I rough in the drawing with an Col Erase Light Blue Pencil. Then I go straight to "inking" the outline of the drawing with a small tipped (S, .005, .3) permanent pen (to avoid bleeding when I later use the Copics greys).


Once the drawing is outlined, I commence with Copic Warm Greys, generally on colored paper, I start with #2.


I use through #2 -#4 greys then start putting in the blacks as they are major part of this piece and alter the greys.


More details with the greys- and darker - up to #6 with the shadow areas.


Start using a White Prismacolor pencil for highlights.


Et voila, c'est fini!

More to come...

TD

No comments:

Post a Comment