Monday, March 24, 2014

Blacksad Incentive Sketch for Juanjo Guarnido's Kickstarter

Here's the Blacksad drawing I did as an incentive for Blacksad artist's Juanjo Guarnido's Kickstarter - 


For more about Blacksad


 and Juanjo-



Drawn on 9" x 12" Canson  Mi-Teintes Pastel Paper. I start off the drawing with a Col Erase Light Blue Pencil then outline the face and body with a Pitt XS Black Pen - which is small enough NOT to bleed when - I go in with the Copic Warm Grey 1 marker to rough in the initial values.



Detail on the head.

Pretty dang loose but I have an idea where I'm going...



Using Copic Warm Grey 204 Markers I begin refining the drawing and volumes. I also use the Pitt XS pen to nail down the remainder of the line art and some flowers to the drawing.



Details of the head - you can see I start picking out more of the important element of the drawing.



The final drawing - I used Copic Warm Grey 4 to nailed down the darker volumes. I used Pitt F and Zig Mangaka Flexible F to thicken and finalize the line art. And finally a Prismacolor White Pencil for the highlights.



Details of the final drawing.

About an hour start to finish.

TD



2 comments:

  1. Blacksad is one of my favorites and getting to see a few of Juanjo's pages in person at NYCC is one of my top con experiences.

    ReplyDelete