Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Vampirella #1 Cover - Step by Step Part ONE - Pencils

Here's a look of how we created the cover to Vampirella 1 was made…

The book is out now written by Nancy A. Collins and drawn by Patrick Berkenkotter.



These are my initial cover sketches I sent to Editor Molly Mahan at Dynamite for approval.

Did a wide variety of sketches with the final two being story specific - I was asked to combine the background of D with the character of B sketch.

These were drawn at 2x3 inches in my sketchbook in pencil and Pitt/Pigma pens and Copic Grey Markers and then cleaned up and colored in Photoshop.


My  initial pencils, drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12 x 18 Bristol Board.


The final pencils… 


Darkened up in Photoshop


Detail of pencils - yep, some subtle fangs there...

Next up  - Rachel Dodson inks!

The cover is out now.

You can find this comic at your local comic book retailer


And digitally at Comixology 


Enjoy!

TD

No comments:

Post a Comment