Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Star Wars: Princess Leia #2 Cover - Step by Step Part 1 Lineart


The idea behind this cover was Leia, Artoo, and Evaan going to Naboo undercover.

The sketches are drawn at 2x3 inches in my sketchbook in pencil and pen and then cleaned up and colored in Photoshop.

After getting appr0val from Marvel Editor Jordan White  and Lucasfilm I moved on to pencils..




My pencils  drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12 x 18 Bristol Board.


Naboo Palace in the background.

Leia has her trademark SW gun and Evaan a blaster like Luke's since she is an X-Wing Pilot.


The lamps scream Naboo to me!


My very first drawing of Evaan. 

I decided Alderaanians would have elaborate like Leia had in Star Wars - very 1890-1910 European - as a kind of cultural symbol.



Rachel Dodson inks




Rachel uses Windsor Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink to ink the covers with.


More detail


and more.

The art is then scanned and cleaned in Photoshop - to prep for color ...

Next time!



Out in stores now!

Find your local comic retailer 



TD

2 comments: