Thursday, June 23, 2016

Batman Rebirth #1 Step by Step Part 3 Colors 1




Our cover art for Midtown Comics Batman Rebirth #1 - a full color and black and version are available here-


And here's Part 3 of the Step by Step of how we made the art!

Colors 1


FLATS

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

Generally, I hire someone to do this for me - a "flatter". This one I flatted myself as I needed to get rolling!



INITIAL COLORS

I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 after I scanned the original line art.



Detail

Used a big Pencil to rough in at 100% of color then used lower % to work to add lighter and darker values. 


 I used the Gradient tool to hit all the big elements of the flat background.

Next level of rendering on Catwoman.


Here you can see I have two extra Layers above for the Big BAT shadow and for rendering on Catwoman.


Detail

 Next time the final COLORS and 

A LOT about the day we made this cover and who PINKY is!

See the Pencil version here


and Inks here


Next time

PART FOUR

TD


No comments:

Post a Comment