Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Civil War #0 Captain Marvel Variant Cover Step by Step Part 1 Line Art

Variant cover art Rachel Dodson and I did for Civil War II #0.


Done for Fan Expo Canada.

Details here-


And how we made the art!


Pretty simple concept
  
Captain Marvel V Iron Man - and as I love Captain Marvel I had her being "attacked" by Iron Man!

Marvel requested Iron Man head in background - no problem!

Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.


Initial Pencils drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 11" x 17" Bristol Board

Observant readers will notice I assumed pose and attitude to her first appearance in Astonishing Spider-Man #8 which I drew 3-4 years ago...






I scanned in the pencils, roughed in the Iron Man head and then traced off on my trusty Huion Light Table - which I love!!!


Detail of Upper Body


Rachel Dodson's inks


Rachel inks over my pencils with a Winsor & Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink



Yeah, more details of Rachel's inks...

In Part Two, COLORS!

TD

No comments:

Post a Comment