Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Totally Awesome Hulk 9 Step by Step



COVER SKETCH

I knew exactly what I was going to do on this one, so must one sketch and the colors don't change much.

Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.

And sent to my Marvel Editors Mark Paniccia and Chris Robinson for Approval...


Pencils

Drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12" x 18" Bristol Board .



Inks

Rachel inks over my pencils with a Windsor Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink to ink the covers with.


Details of Rachel's ink - cuz they're so  gooooood!


and more


and a little more...


FLATS

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

Flats were done by Gilly Renk.


Detail


Photoshop Set Up


Initial Color Rough In

I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 .


Screen Detail

Just used the Pencil tool at 100% for initial blocking in of lighter and darker areas and then a lower % for the next stage.

Dropped in the Yellow sky.


Next stage of color

Just refining the highlights and darker values. 

Adding rim light and reflective light.


And BG white...


Final colors


Altering Line Art to color


and down here too!



Print

Out in stores now!

TD

No comments:

Post a Comment