Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Black Bolt Inhumans Vs X-Men #1 Cover Step by Step Part 3 Colors


Inhumans Vs X-Men #1 Variant Covers featuring Black Bolt.

By Rachel Dodson and Me.

Out now from Marvel Comics.

And for Part Three, 

COLORS


Flats

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.


Adjustments

I try to adjust the colors to their medium value or imprimatura - I use this as the starting point for the piece. 


Background 


I make all the tiles at this point so I can color "off" them.  


The tiles are done on a separate layer.


Initial Color Rough In

Using the Pencil Tool at 100% to knock those in.


Detail on the rough in.


Coloring Line Art

Starting to color the line art - mostly the face and some of the rim lighting.


Adding reflective lights to using the Pencil at a low %. 

Use the Gradient tool on the figure a bit too


 Detail


Final Color

Just a couple of tweaks to do - color signature, couple of highlights and clean up tiles.

Off to the Printer!

So I started it here -

Part 1


Part 2


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment