Monday, January 2, 2017

Justice League vs Suicide Squad #2 Cover Step by Step Part 3 Color


Our variant cover - out in stores now!

Now Part 3, Color!


Flats

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.


I go through and adjust over the colors to the correct palette and midtones.


Initial Rough In

I colored this on my Cintiq 13 HD using Photoshop CS3 .

Here I rough in quickly all the medium lights and darks on the figures and cast initial shadows.


Coloring Line Art

At this point I like to color the line art... especially the interior edges and the edges facing the strongest light. 


Add lighter lights to Enchantress's green (from her green glows)


Superman up close!




Final Color

Worked on Supes cape, cleaning the rendering on it - using Lasso and dropping in a flat color at a lower %.

Adding some Leyendecker-esque rendering to smooth out highlights.

See Part 1


And Part 2


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment