Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Wonder Woman 34 Justice League Variant Cover Step by Step Part 1 - Pencils


The cover to Wonder Woman #34 by Rachel Dodson and me - ships this week!

Here's how we made the cover.

Part 1

PENCILS


COVER SKETCH

The cover concept I sent into DC Comics for approval. 

Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.


INITIAL PENCILS

Drawn in Light Blue on 12" x 18" Bristol Board 


Quickly roughed in the drawing making sure the composition still help.


I draw with Col Erase Light Blue Pencil and Staedtler HB Lead Pencil.


Detail


So, as you may have guessed, these are the Justice League movie versions of the characters.


I drew a combination of my Wonder Woman and Gal Gadot - her eyes are steel grey in the line art stage.


FINAL PENCILS

And the final pencils, all ready for Rachel Dodson to ink...

Next time, 

INKS 

in 

PART 2

TD

No comments:

Post a Comment